WOOO haven’t done a blog award in a while!
The wonderful Jesse over at Books at Dawn nominated me for the Liebster Award. Big thanks to him and you should get check out his blog… much better stuff than you’kk find here XD
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions of your own
1. What is the first book you fangirled over?
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. I had a long 2 year fangirl sessions over the series XD
2. Name an author who you will always auto buy from. Even if the book is blank.
Kasie West because all her books are so cute. Her writing style is so breezy and light, perfect for contemporaries.
3. What is the last movie you have seen in theaters?
I haven’t seen a film since January… I think it’s The 5th Wave. Oh god, I hated it so much. Just read my rant.
4. Which book do you regret buying?
I really regret buying the Mortal Instrument series because I want the new covers wit the gorgeous spines now!! LOOK AT THEM!!
5. Which one of your 5 senses can you live without: sight, smell, touch, hearing, taste? Why?
I was going to say smell but I realised that taste and smell are interconnected so I’ll go with touch. I mean I don’t think I could give up sight because of reading or hearing because of music.Also, I like my foo too much to give up smell or taste 😀
6. What book would you like to see as a movie?
THE DARKEST MINDS!! Please!! With Lucas Till as Liam, I would die happy.
7. With wanting more diversity in books nowadays, what is one aspect you believe should be represented more and why?
I do believe books need more diversity but not in a in your face way. In most books where the main is diverse, their differences are what makes the plot and I just don’t feel like that’s really reflective of today. It’s funny how even these differences don’t stop us all from leading similar lives and that really isn’t shown in books. This is why I really like To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han because even though Lara Jean is Korean and it is touched on but only briefly with most of the plot focusing on her normal life which surprise surprise isn’t really that different from a Caucasian protaganist.
8. Hero, Assassin, or Prince/Princess? You can only pick one. Which do you choose to be in a story with you as the main character?
Hero! I want to be the sassy sidekick who outshines the hero with snarky banter. Don’t ruin my dreams 😉
9. Pick 6 of your favorite characters and pretend they were in a horror movie. Only one will be the survivor, four of them will die, and the other one will be the killer. Who is the survivor, the killer and in what order did the others die in?
Characters: Adrian Ivashkov (Vampire Academy/Bloodlines), Carswell Thorne (Lunar Chronicles), Isabelle Lightwood (Mortal Instruments), Percy Jackson, Ruby (The Darkest Minds), Clary Fairchild (Mortal Instruments)
Ok, Ruby would definitely be the killer but not intentionally. This is like pre trained Ruby before she could control her powers. Thorne would most likely die first because he’s got no cool powers or anything to combat Ruby. Clary would be next, then Percy then Isabelle. I feel like Adrian has the best chance of surviving because of his spirit magic so maybe that would help?
10. Your favorite author is going to call you for a once in a lifetime chance to talk. You can only ask them one question. Who is the author and what is the question? Why?
I would freak out in front of any author but especially in front of Rick Riordan. The question I would ask him would be exactly this: “HOW DO YOU WRITE SUCH FUNNY BOOKS THAT HAVE A SERIOUS THEME IN THEM I MEAN IT I MEAN oh god”
11. In your opinion who is the worst literary couple ever?
Daniel and Luce from Fallen. They had no chemistry at all and we’re somehow meant to believe that they’re in love over and over again. Also, Luce in some time periods was so annoying.
Alicia @ #lovebooks
Amy @ Book Enthral
Becca @ Becca and Books
Kat @ Life and Other Disasters
Raven @ Dreamy Addictions
Ricah @ Book Blogging with Ricah
Sarah Clare @ Behind on Books
Thuong @ I Read Therefore I Am
Your questions (if you choose to accept it 😉 ):
- What’s the first book you think of? GO!
- Where is you dream travel destination?
- Staying with the travelling theme, would you rather catch a morning flight, an afternoon flight or a late night flight?
- What do you use as a bookmark? Or do you have any favourite bookmarks?
- Who is your favourite book villain?
- What is your favourite and least favourite book adaptation?
- Invent a new blogging tool. What would it be called and what would it be used for?
- What is your holy trinity of book characters (your 3 top characters)?
- If you were a celebrity, what would you be famous for?
- What’s the last song you listened to?
- Who or what is your spirit animal?
Wow, this post was a LOT of text. Thank you for reading!