It’s Tuesday and you all know what that means! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s TTT is the books that have been on your TBR lists forever but you still haven’t gotten around to them.
- The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar | Fluffly high school romance and teenage genies? Sign me up! Why haven’t I read this yet??
- Storm by Amanda Sun | The second book wasn’t that good so I could pass on this one. Plus that cover just doesn’t match the other two at all so… NOPE YOU’RE NOT GOING ON MY SHELF
- Rebel by Amy Tintera | All the feels from Reboot just came back into my head omg
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness | A few years ago, I read one chapter and was turned off by the writing style. Now it’s just sitting in my TBR (possibly forever)
- Wings by Elizabeth Richards | Maybe I just have something against third books?
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson | I have no excuse. The cover is gorgeous, the blurb is mysterious and the author is amazing.
- The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan | Heroes of Olympus was pretty bad but Magnus Chase was surprisingly good so I might pick this up? I just have to accept that no character will ever be as great as Percy first…
- The Star Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi | The blurb sounds really interesting and it’s does some cool mythology fusion. I don’t know, what do you guys think of it?
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab | Or any book by V.E. Schwab for that matter because apparently all her books are amazing.
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson | And to finish off another Morgan Matson book. I’ve read so many good reviews on it so I’m definitely picking it up soon!
What was on your list this week? Am I crazy for not reading these books yet?
Oh god, I have back to back Top Ten Tuesdays where is that consistent posting I promised weeks ago??
So this week on TTT it’s freebie week! As usual, I had no idea what to do but after scrolling through past TTT topics I found “Most Unfortunate Character Names” and it just clicked.
1. Chaol Westfall | Throne of Glass
2. Mare Barrow | Red Queen
Mare literally means a female horse… is it meant to be symbolic or something because I got none of that.
3. Maven | Red Queen
What??? Where is the author getting these from?
4. America Singer | The Selection
She lives in America and she’s a singer!!! Well, she lives in what used to be America.
5. Renesmee Cullen | Twilight Saga
Please never mashup names like this. Restrain yourselves.
6. Peeta Mellark | The Hunger Games
Honestly, who doesn’t think this name is just ugly? I love Peeta, it’s just his name is horrible.
7. Valek | The Study Series
His name really made me want to say it in a Russian accent. You know with the throaty a’s.
8. Casimir | Ruined
I have no idea how to say this… cashmere without the h?
9. Cricket Bell | Lola and the Boy Next Door
How can you not think about cricket chirps with a name like that?
So basically every fantasy series! Seriously though, what is it with fantasy and really weird names?
You know when you love a book so much that you end up hating it? Or when you hated a book so much and ended up loving it? This week it’s all about the books you loved, then hated, then loved, then hated…
1. Ink | Amanda Sun
This book went from ok to amazing after a couple of rereads. I remember I really complained about the instalove but the main couple was pretty cute so I was willing to overlook it XD
2. Twilight | Stephanie Meyer
I was actually a fan of Twilight. Not a Twihard or anything but I liked it enough. I mean Stephanie Meyer can write but Twilight was not an example of that.
3. The Host | Stephanie Meyer
I have to talk about The Host if I mention Twilight! I remember borrowing this one from my library and really hating it. The intro is really slow and I just couldn’t get through it. The next month I tried to read it again, got past the intro and into the amazingness.
Ah, my on off relationship with this series. I go through moments of just pure fangirling to analysing why it got so bad at the end.
5. Fallen | Lauren Kate
One of the first angel stories I ever read. I’m pretty sure it’s not as good as I thought it was XD
Ok, I was just really excited by small things when I was younger. I’m so sure that I would hate this book if I read this today.
7. Spellbound | Cara Lynn Shultz
This book seemed really cliched the first read but my inner fangirl was unleashed the next time.
OMG how could I forget my obsession with this series. I literally stalked the author’s website so much.
So this was probably one of my first YA reads… good times.
I was so close to ten this week! Damn it!! Anyways, do you see books different after a while? Do you go and actually change your ratings? Let me know 😀
Another Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish! Honestly, I thought I read a lot of books on a whim. It just depends on how I’m feeling, what I feel like reading… I struggle with reading books when they’re popular! Surprisingly though, I found it really hard to come up with a list for this week because a lot of my recent reads I’ve found through blogs and Goodreads. I just think it’s just safer to get people’s thoughts before reading!
My most recent read was on a whim! Wow that coincidence XD I’m pretty sure I got it because it was free on iBookstore.
2. Ink | Amanda Sun
I’d read Snyder’s Inside Out and Touch of Power but Poison Study was just a book I just suddenly picked up. It was awesome,
This was a holiday whim. My family and I were driving down to Melbourne and that’s like an 8 hour trip so I had to get some books. Got so obsessed with Kaidan afterwards XD
5. Crave | Melissa Darnell
Read it along with Sweet Evil. It was a really long trip.
6. Firstlife | Gena Showalter
Firstlife was part of the only book haul I’ve ever done. I literally just grabbed 6 books and bought them.
Ok, look it was super cheap in Big W and it was the end of 2014 so I had to buy it. Thank god I did because it was amazing, made a great reading start for 2015!
Way back when I was just starting out on Netgalley, I requested Rebel Wing because of its cover.
9. Minders | Michele Jaffe
I remember finding this in my local library and just borrowed it because it was new. Yes, I know I am a sucker for new books especially in libraries.
10. Black City | Elizabeth Richards
I have no idea how or where I found Black City. I really should finish the series soon.
So have you picked up any books on a whim? Did you love them or hate them?
As always, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish! So this week is all about the future. Where do we see our beloved characters in 10-20 years? I love this topic but it was really hard to characters that I really want to read about in the future. Here’s the 5 I thought of:
Anna from Anna and the French Kiss
I need to know if Anna made it as a movie critic, I need to know what she and Etienne are doing. I JUST NEED MORE ANNA AND ETIENNE!!
Penryn from Angelfall
After the whole angel thing is finished, what will Penryn be doing? Maybe she would be like a martial arts instructor?
Cath from Fangirl
The thing that irritated me a lot while reading Fangirl was that we didn’t get to see Cath’s supposed amazing original writings. I think 10-20 years would be a good time to come back to her and her writing career.
Samantha from Madly
I would love to see how the Kemi shop is going and whether Samantha goes to college. There’s still a second book though so maybe we’ll get this in that one!
Elyse from The Summer of Chasing Mermaids
I just need to know about EVERYTHING that’s going on in this town.
What were your picks this week?