Secret Identities. Extraordinary Powers. She wants vengeance. He wants justice.
The Renegades are a syndicate of prodigies—humans with extraordinary abilities—who emerged from the ruins of a crumbled society and established peace and order where chaos reigned. As champions of justice, they remain a symbol of hope and courage to everyone…except the villains they once overthrew.
Nova has a reason to hate the Renegades, and she is on a mission for vengeance. As she gets closer to her target, she meets Adrian, a Renegade boy who believes in justice—and in Nova. But Nova’s allegiance is to a villain who has the power to end them both.
- THE FREAKING WORLD BUILDING. YES MARISSA MEYER, YOU SHOW EM HOW IT’S DONE! From the underground Anarchists to the Renegade government squads, I would want to see this world.
- I’m a sucker for big battle scenes and that last one is so good. I could hear the surging music playing in the background.
- Honestly, that whole last scene redeemed Renegades for me, no joke I probably wouldn’t read the next one otherwise.
- Feels like its a really long book when it’s not. Maybe it was because I read half then stopped for a while but I just feel like it dragged in the middle. It really does play out to be a long intro to the series which I don’t mind but I feel like it should be able to stand alone too.
- I’m kinda scared to say this because I know a lot of people like the book for this reason but… it’s kind of preachy with its whole humans must be the ones to save humans not superhero. The first time that came up I agreed and it gave the book a certain edge. The second time, ok she’s reinforcing that message. And then it happened again… and again. Ok, I get it!
- The lack of direction, especially in the plot. Nothing was really set up for the next book.
- The cliffhanger kills me.
- PRETTY COVER
- Maybe I’ll never love anything as much as the Lunar Chronicles, especially Cress. That’s just sad to me though 😦
- Adrian liking Nova but he hates Nightmare who is Nova who hates the Sentinel but kind of likes Adrian who is the Sentinel. OMG just imagine when they find out omg betrayal, angst!! There’s just something about this romance that triggers my fangirl!
Rating: 3/5 stars | It’s good but it felt aimless and preachy at some points.
What did you think of Renegades? Did it measure up to Lunar Chronicles for you?