Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted over at That Artsy Reader Girl.
Confession: I have a terrible memory. Often it’s because I’m way too distracted and not paying attention to details. Most of the time its because my everyday life just isn’t that exciting (watching Netflix in the morning is exciting for me ok!) But when it comes to books, movies and songs, I pride myself in remembering little details. I’m that one friend who knows all the lyrics to that pop song from 5 years ago. I’m also the person who knows actors’ names and what their last 3 movies were. For books, I know the month they’re published in, usually the year too…. but I’m really bad at remembering plotlines and characters. So let’s delve into the extent of my forgetfulness by playing a word association game where I say the first thing that pops into my head when I see the cover.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff | AI TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!!
- Starflight by Marissa Meyer | Cassia and Kane. I know they’re not the main characters but I literally can’t think of their names right now so side characters it is!
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray | That Russia world ❤
- Crossing the Ice by Jennifer Comeaux | Was this the one with the romance between pair skaters? Honestly, I just keep remembering The Cutting Edge with this cover.
- Don’t Kiss the Messenger by Katie Ray | Is it bad that I literally read this a few months ago but have no idea what the plot was or who any of the characters are?
- Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake | A ghost and a guy called Jace who’s not the Jace from the Mortal Instruments.
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner | Titanic but in SPAAAACE! Kind of like that Doctor Who episode I watched recently.
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart | Ok, I’m pretty sure it had a guy who wrote something on his hand like everyday? Also like a rich family.
- Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley | Bad. Ass. Girlpower.
- City of Glass by Cassandra Clare | Idris and demons? Ok, to be fair this series kind of peaked for me in City of Bones so my mind just blocked out the long, long drawn out plot.
So what was on your list this week? Is your memory as bad as mine or are you a memory genius? Let me know down in the comments!