Well how about both? Yeah, I know this sounds like a product ad or something but there are so many movie adaptations of books. Sometimes they’re better than the original book, but most of the time they don’t do it for me. But, of course, there are some exceptions such as Harry Potter. Here’s some that I’m waiting for:
- City of Bones – August 2013: I LOVED the series. I think the movie is well casted and the effects look good. Seriously can’t wait for it!! August has never felt more far away…
- Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters – August 2013: Weeeeell, after the mess of the first movie I wasn’t too sure if I wanted to see this, but after watching the trailer which was full of awesomeness, my interest flared up again. Please actually follow the book this time though.
- Divergent – 2014: Aw yeah! Badass MC, hot guys…. yes just yes.
- Vampire Academy – 2014: Only downside? No Adrian in the first book which means no Adrian in the first movie. Sigh. So this one I’m guessing isn’t as well known as the other ones, but I’m as excited for it as the others. The whole series is awesome and I just hope the movie is just as brilliant.
- The Fault in Our Stars – 2015: Fun fact- the main actors in this movie play brother and sister in Divergent. After a ten minute laugh with my Game of Thrones obsessed friend about that, I decided that this movie could be pretty awesome.
Do you have any book to movie favourites? Or maybe you’re hyped up about one of these movies? I’d love for you to leave a comment with your thoughts or incoherent fangirling.